With PlayStation 5 console stock still not reliable anywhere in the world, and other economic factors and variables such as inflation and chip shortages, Sony has made the difficult decision to bump up the price of the PS5 console in a number of regions around the world, including Canada, Europe, the UK, Japan, China, Mexico, Australia and others.
The US price has not been affected… yet. Oh and these new prices are effective immediately in nearly all countries other than Japan. Ouch.
See the official details regarding the new recommended retail price at the PS Blog and below.
The global economic environment is a challenge that many of you around the world are no doubt experiencing. We?re seeing high global inflation rates, as well as adverse currency trends, impacting consumers and creating pressure on many industries. Based on these challenging economic conditions, SIE has made the difficult decision to increase the recommended retail price (RRP) of PlayStation 5 in select markets across Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), Latin America (LATAM), as well as Canada. There will be no price increase in the United States.
The new RRPs below are effective immediately unless otherwise noted.*
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? ?549.99
- PS5 Digital Edition ? ?449.99
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? ?479.99
- PS5 Digital Edition ? ?389.99
- Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? ?60,478 yen (including tax)
- PS5 Digital Edition ? ?49,478 yen (including tax)
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? ?4,299 yuan
- PS5 Digital Edition ? ?3,499 yuan
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? AUD $799.95
- PS5 Digital Edition ? AUD $649.95
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? MXN $14,999
- PS5 Digital Edition ? MXN $12,499
- PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive ? CAD $649.99
- PS5 Digital Edition ? CAD $519.99
While this price increase is a necessity given the current global economic environment and its impact on SIE?s business, our top priority continues to be improving the PS5 supply situation so that as many players as possible can experience everything that PS5 offers and what?s still to come.
Thank you for your continued support.