Drop what you’re doing PS4 and Call of Duty fans, the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout private PS4 beta is now live. Fear not Xbox One and PC gamers, the beta will kick off on September 14th and 15th respectively for those platforms.
See all the details for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout below, including a full fact sheet from Activision and some screens.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout screens:
Black Ops comes to life like never before in the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Private Beta, beginning now, first on the PlayStation 4. The Call of Duty community will get their first experience with Black Ops 4?s all-new mode, Blackout, which drops players into a last-player-standing Battle Royale experience that is uniquely Call of Duty: Black Ops. A celebration of the Black Ops series, Blackout features fan-favorite characters, weapons and iconic parts of classic maps, all in the biggest map in franchise history complete with land, sea and air vehicles. The Private Beta will provide valuable user feedback and data as Activision and developer Treyarch prepare to release the deepest, most engaging Call of Duty game ever on October 12th.
?The Blackout Beta is just the beginning of a long journey that we plan to take with our fans,? said Dan Bunting, Co-Studio Head, Treyarch. ?We are going to support Blackout for the long haul, and there?s such a rich history with Black Ops that allows us to continuously update and evolve Blackout to keep it fun and fresh for the community. It?s a true celebration of Black Ops in every way, and getting our community in to play the mode before launch is vital. We can?t wait to see the feedback and hear from players as they get a taste of what?s coming in October.?
The Blackout Private Beta* schedule is as follows:
- Monday, September 10th at 10 am PT ? Monday, September 17th at 10 am PT (PlayStation 4)
Xbox One and PC**:
- Friday, September 14th at 10 am PT ? Monday, September 17th at 10 am PT (Xbox One, PC)
- Saturday, September 15th, 10 am PT ? Monday, September 17th at 10 am PT (PC Open Beta only)
?The development effort behind Blackout has been an extraordinary undertaking and we couldn?t be more proud for what the team has accomplished,? said Mark Gordon, Co-Studio Head of Treyarch. ?It?s awesome to watch how making Blackout has engaged the whole team in ways that we have never seen before. We couldn?t be more excited to bring the vast heritage of Black Ops heritage to life in Blackout, and can?t wait for the community to share their feedback as we head to launch.?
Deeply rooted in the Black Ops series, which has surpassed more than 200 million players and 15 billion hours played over its lifetime, Blackout spans some of the greatest characters and iconic map locales from Black Ops, Black Ops II, Black Ops IIIand Black Ops 4. The Private Beta includes a variety of new and classic playable characters, including campaign characters like Mason, Reznov and Woods; Zombies characters like Richtofen and Takeo; and Specialists like Crash, Battery and Seraph, to name a few. Across the sprawling Blackout map, players will fight in locations inspired by fan-favorite Black Ops maps like Nuketown, Firing Range, Raid, Cargo and more.
Fans who have already downloaded the recently completed Multiplayer Beta, or who have since pre-ordered Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 at participating retailers, will receive access to the Blackout Private Beta. Code redemption and other Beta access information can be found at the Activision Beta support site.
The Blackout Private Beta is just the beginning, as the development teams will be actively gathering community feedback throughout the Beta test and will use the player data to fine-tune gameplay balance, stress-test servers and optimize the online experience ahead of the game?s launch on October 12th. Beta participants will have the opportunity to share their feedback and join in an active dialogue with the development team across a variety of outlets, including player surveys and online forums, with frequent Beta update posts planned from Treyarch:
- Twitter (@Treyarch): Treyarch?s Community and Live Ops teams will be watching their social channels throughout the Beta to get player feedback on everything regarding gameplay and any issues or bugs that may arise. Please tag your feedback with #BO4Beta to make it easier to find. Particularly for the PC crowd, players should follow @TreyarchPC.
- Twitter (@ATVI Assist): For specific technical issues, players should tweet @ATVIAssist, with the tag #BO4Beta.
- Reddit: Treyarch?s Community and Live Ops teams will also be watching Reddit, so players should add their comments to the r/BlackOps4 subreddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/
- Console: Depending on the technical issue, players may also be given the opportunity to ?report a problem? directly on their console. If that happens, please do so, as it helps Treyarch track down the source of issue.
- Survey: After you?ve played the Beta, players will be given the opportunity to provide the team with direct feedback through a detailed survey.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout fact sheet:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is a game-changing experience for the Black Ops community that delivers more ways to have fun with your friends than ever before.
Blackout introduces a brand-new Battle Royale style mode steeped in the Black Ops universe. Blackout pits the most players ever in franchise history against each other, in the biggest map in Call of Duty history ? 1,500 times the size of Nuketown ? all with the signature Black Ops combat players know and love.
In the Blackout Beta, the player count will be capped at 80, with the ability to play in solos, duos or groups of four.
- BATTLE ROYALE, BLACK OPS STYLE
Blackout is deeply rooted in the Black Ops universe. Everything from the signature gameplay fans know and love, to the characters and lore, players will experience a true celebration of the series.
- Last Player Standing ? Once the match begins, all players will descend in wingsuits from an aerial transport streaking across the map. Once on the ground, the mission is simple: be the last player ? or duo or quad ? alive. Players will drop in with nothing and must loot and scavenge for a weapon to defend themselves in true battle royale gameplay. The combat area will shrink over time, forcing intense engagements as the match goes on.
- Playable Characters ? Blackout will feature classic playable characters from previous Black Ops games, including iconic characters from the story campaigns and Zombies modes from Black Ops 1-3, as well as a collection of new Specialists and Zombies characters from Black Ops 4. Examples include: Reznov, Mason, Woods, Richtofen, Takeo, Ajax, Battery, Seraph and many more.
- Zombies ? in true Black Ops fashion, the map features a variety of Zombies lurking in particular areas that add an extra challenge, as players now must watch not only for other enemies but also for throngs of the undead that could be right around the corner.
- CLASSIC WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT TO LOOT
Blackout will feature a huge variety of classic Black Ops weapons with different ammo types, attachments and equipment that players will loot and scavenge in the map to deploy against their enemies.
- Weapons ? Weapons will be littered throughout the map for players to find. Submachine guns like the Cordite and Saug 9mm, shotguns like the MOG-12 and SG12, and rifles like the Vapr-XKG and Grav are just some examples. There are also special weapons like the War Machine grenade launcher and Annihilator
- Attachments ? To enhance your weapons, attachments can be found that include various sights like the 4x scope, holo and reflex; grips that improve stability and accuracy; and suppressors that prevent you from giving away your position to enemies.
- Perks ? A classic in Black Ops, perks are modifiers that can passively enhance gameplay and enhance your character?s effectiveness in battle. Examples include Dead Silence to allow you to move without making sound; Mobility to allow you to mantle, climb and swap weapons faster; and Looter to allow you to see nearby loot through walls to quickly assess what to pursue.
- Health and armor ? To help defend against enemy fire, armor will be available to find at varying protection levels. There will also be first-aid and med kits to replenish health throughout the match.
- Attack equipment ? In addition to primary weapons, players will be able to deploy tactical equipment to attack enemies. Items like frag, cluster and concussion grenades will be scattered throughout the map, and there are also combat axes and molotov cocktails to round out your arsenal.
- Defensive equipment ? If you or your team are holding down a specific area, items like the razor wire to block off entryways or the trophy system to defend against enemy grenades are key to survival.
- Scout equipment ? With lots of enemies to keep track of, players will be able to use a variety of items to gather intel. Examples include a Sensor Dart that can be shot at a specific area to illuminate nearby players, or a remote-controlled recon car that can scope out buildings or other locales discreetly.
- LAND, SEA AND AIR VEHICLES
Players will find and drive a variety of land, sea and air vehicles to get around the massive map, either solo or with their teammates:
- ATV (land) ? Quick and nimble, the ATV supports 1 driver and 1 passenger, and can get players around the map at high speeds.
- Cargo Truck (land) ? With its size and ability to plow through many types of areas, the cargo truck has freedom to move almost everywhere, albeit at a slower pace. The truck supports 1 driver and multiple passengers in the bed.
- Tactical Boat (sea) ? The tactical assault boat supports 1 driver and multiple passengers. It?s quick and gets players through any body of water.
- Helicopter (air) ? The helicopter supports 1 pilot and up to 4 passengers. It provides a fast mode of transport that gives players a high vantage point that can provide great visibility and attack angles throughout the sky.
- FAN-FAVORITE LOCALES ACROSS A SPRAWLING MAP
Blackout debuts a colossal map ? biggest ever in Call of Duty ? that features a variety of exterior and interior areas to traverse and fight in, including locations inspired by fan-favorite Black Ops multiplayer maps such as Nuketown, Firing Range and many more. Here is a sample of some of the locales players will explore:
- Nuketown Island ? based on the legendary map, this is more like a ghost town, as players will explore the remnants of this former nuclear testing site, which features boarded-up homes, an abandoned bunker and more.
- Firing Range ? a true icon of Black Ops, this area is a classified military training base tucked away in the woods. Close-range encounters are common in this combat arena.
- Rivertown ? a countryside peninsula town rife with small houses, diners, farms and even a GMO grainery. River Town is full of places to gear up and engage in close-to-mid-range firefights.
- Array ? consisting of warehouses in the shadow of three giant satellites, this area is rife with high vantage points and plenty of opportunities to find gear.
- Estates ? inspired by Raid from Black Ops II and Stronghold from Black Ops III, at the map?s north end lies the austere, luxury Estates, surrounded by manicured hedges and modern art. The buildings are full of rooms and garages strewn with weapons and loot.
- Asylum ? based on the classic Zombies map Verruckt, exactly how it sounds, this is a deserted asylum with burned-out walls and busted windows. Players will also discover a sprawling maze on the asylum grounds.
- Hydro Dam ? a giant hydroelectric dam, inspired by Hydro from Black Ops II, this is a massive water plant on the northeast area of the map. Players can fight their way through the central offices and command center or swim out to explore nearby water tanks.
- Train Station ? blending open spaces with short sightlines and sharp turns, this modern train station consists of a parking lot, outdoor waiting area and small central building.
- Construction Site ? a multi-level unfinished skyscraper, complete with elevators, a helipad and tons of areas to pick up gear. Finding a grapple gun would be an efficient way to traverse the location quickly.
- Cargo Docks ? based on Cargo from Black Ops II, located in the southwest area of the map, the Cargo Docks feature flat, open spaces where players will use the massive shipping containers for cover or even land a helicopter on the floating cargo ship if they?re brave enough.
- And more?