Serious Sam is coming back for more action on Xbox Live Arcade, except this time he’s headed to the second dimension. Devolver Digital/Mastertronic today revealed a new side-scrolling, co-op enabled 2D shooter that looks to be Contra’s crazier, and much uglier, cousin.
Take a look at the screens and the first footage below.
Serious Sam DD XXL trailer:
[youtube_sc url=”tM52hKJ3big” width=”600″]
Serious Sam DD XXL screens:
Serious Sam DD XXL is scheduled for a February 20th XBLA release for 800 Microsoft Points.
Read on for more details and features.
Serious Sam explodes into the second dimension using everything in his arsenal to battle the abominable legions of Mental?s horde. Pull the trigger to let the heavy ordinance fly in Serious Sam Double D XXL, a completely reloaded version of the indie sensation Serious Sam Double D with all-new missions, weapons, enemies, and challenges. Pile on the firepower with the revolutionary Gunstacker and fire all your weapons at once in a symphony of destruction! All that stands between victory and annihilation is a man in a T-shirt and jeans wielding a great big pile of guns.
- Two-Player Local Cooperative Play – Serious Sam can pair up with his new buddy Huff to slaughter Mental?s horde together in an orgy of violence and destruction!
- Gunstacker Upgrades ? Over 30 new guns to mix and match in towering stacks of awesome! Shotguns that fire a horde of bees, prism lasers, the return of Serious Sam?s trademark cannon and more! Exclamation point!
- New Campaign and Challenge Missions ? Tackle new missions and take to the air in your very own missile-loaded Pterosaur or roll through your foes on a dynamite-powered unicycle!
- New and Upgraded Enemy Classes – The new Torcher Kitty, Explosion Eater and the Armored Gnaar are all stepping into the arena to wreck havoc the heroic Serious Sam!
- Xbox LIVE Arcade Leaderboards – Post your best scores and times to impress friends, family and enemies and prove to that jerk Dan that he doesn?t know crap about video games!