Capcom announced today that we can expect to see one more Street Fighter release later this year, in the form of an all-out collector’s set featuring Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. Street Fighter X Tekken, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online Edition, and Super Street Figther II Turbo HD Remix. Every game included comes with all available DLC as well, and even more enticing is an included documentary on the history of the franchise, an 11-disc soundtrack set (11 discs!), a 64 page hardcover art book, a Ryu statue, a replica of Ryu’s belt, and a Certificate of Authenticity to top it all off.
This massive set will retail for 149.99, and will be available on September 18th, 2012 for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Full details in the press release below!
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the limited edition Street Fighter25th Anniversary Collector?s Set, which will be available in North America on Sept. 18, 2012 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. A hyper combo-powered milestone, the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary festivities will continue throughout 2012 (?The Year of the Dragon?) and will include the Collector?s Set and a series of high stakes global tournaments with over a half million dollars in support, the highest the fighting game community has ever witnessed.
Honoring one of the most popular videogame franchises of all time, the Street Fighter 25thAnniversary Collector?s Set is a must – have for Street Fighter? video game aficionados. Created as a celebration and tribute to its fans, the limited edition set is individually numbered and jam-packed with Street Fighter games, video, art, music, and exclusive collectibles. The items are housed in a specially created chest complete with a certificate of authenticity.
The limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector?s Set includes:
- Past and Present Street Fighter Games ? Playable on current gen PS3 and Xbox 360 console systems, the four critically-acclaimed titles selected from the star-studded catalog are: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC, and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC.
- Exclusive Video ? The two-disc Blu-Ray set includes a documentary that highlights the profound influence the franchise has had on fans – and vice versa – throughout the years. The collection of videos also includes Street Fighter?IV and Super Street Fighter IV Anime movies as well as all episodes of the Street Fighter animated series and Street Fighter?II: The Animated Movie.
- Light-up Ryu Statue ? A specially commissioned and highly-detailed collectable Ryu statue stands prominently at 8? tall and features the iconic character in mid-Shoryuken, with flames lit from below.
- 11-Disc Soundtrack ? Street Fighter game music spanning the past 25 years, in addition to remixes and fan-created music inspired by past Street Fighter games .
- 64-page Hardcover Art Book ? A tribute to Street Fighter game fans from all over the world, the art book includes fan pieces submitted by professional and aspiring artists alike.
- Ryu?s Belt ? Created to regulation specs, the full-size martial arts black belt is a replica of the one Ryu wears and even includes his classic “F?rinkazan” in kanji!
- Certificate of Authenticity ? Each Collector?s Set comes individually numbered complete with a certificate of authenticity.
Further bringing the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary celebration to its fans, Capcom is currently organizing a series of tournaments throughout the year in locations across the globe that will include over $500,000 worth of cash, non-cash prizing, and amenities. This high-stakes tournament series will culminate in a grand finals event held in San Francisco on Dec. 8, 2012 and will include players who qualify in the preliminary tournaments throughout the year. The tournament series will feature the following monumental titles from the past and present: Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
Revealed today, the list below includes the most current dates and locations (subject to change) for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary global tournament series:
? July 28-29 in Austin, TX
? August 11-12 in the NY area (location pending)
? August 26 in Taipei, Taiwan (location pending)
? Mid-September in the Tokyo Region, Japan (date and location pending)
? September 27-30 in London, England (in conjunction with Eurogamer Expo)
? October 13-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil (in conjunction with Brazil Game Show)
? October 27-28 in Los Angeles, CA
? October 31 ? November 4 in Paris, France (in conjunction with Paris Games Week)
? December 8 Finals in San Francisco, CA
Adding an extra level of white-knuckled excitement to the competition, the first-place Street Fighter X Tekken player will be crowned champion and be handed the keys to an all-new custom designedScion FR-S Sports Coupe. Capcom has partnered with Scion, Five Axis and Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA), to create a one-of-a-kind Street Fighter-themed sports car, complete with video entertainment hardware from SCEA and a modified exterior from Five Axis including a custom FIVE:AD aero kit, spoiler, wheels, as well as many more premiere components from leading automotive aftermarket companies.
Lastly, a new Street Fighter 25th Anniversary website will be created which will allow fans to share their stories of how the Street Fighter series has influenced their lives, and will host all details of the anniversary celebration including how to register for the tournament series. The new website will be released soon and will be located at: http://www.streetfighter.com/sf25
The Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector?s Set carries an MSRP of $149.99.