Remedy Entertainment today confirmed that they will be publishing the enhanced PC version of Alan Wake, and they’ve sent over all the details and even a few screens.
Alan Wake PC will hit Steam on February 16th, and other services soon after. There will even be a boxed version which will set you back $29.99 for the game + DLC or $34.99 for the Collector’s Edition.
Check it all out below.
Alan Wake PC screens:
That?s right folks. We?ve obtained the PC publishing rights, and we?re putting them to good use ? Remedy Entertainment Ltd. is proud to announce that Alan Wake will finally be available on PCs through Steam on February 16 and soon afterwards through other popular digital channels. Additionally, a boxed retail version of the game is coming soon. Steam pricing is confirmed as follows: $29.99 (game + DLCs) and $34.99 (LCE).
Alan Wake is a highly anticipated title among PC gamers and it?s finally coming home ? sorry for the wait! Boasting 3 BAFTA nominations and named Game of the Year by TIME Magazine, Alan Wake combines inspiration from Alfred Hitchcock, Twin Peaks and Lost ? but you probably already know all that if you?ve been paying attention. It?s a modern cult classic, praised by critics and fans alike as one of those gaming experiences that brings something unique, engaging to the table. We?re not just making that up, either:
- ?Great entertainment … a tough game to put down once you’ve started? ? Oh, well, thanks Mr. IGN!
- ?Redefines interactive storytelling? ? Hey, we appreciate it, Brian Crecente.
- ?Alan Wake is a brilliant piece of storytelling and one that is going to stand out as an example of single-player gaming done right.? – Aww shucks, we love you too WorthPlaying.
Very soon our PC friends can enjoy the gripping, intense storyline and kick-ass action as our troubled writer faces darkness with light as his only ally. (Well, okay, some guns, too.) It?s like something out of a nightmare ? a small Washington town, a missing wife, a darkness that stalks the woods, and a strange horror novel that Wake can?t remember writing, but which seems to be coming true before his very eyes.
PC gamers will face the darkness in stunning high-resolution graphics, refined and enhanced PC features and support for stereoscopic 3D and multiscreen. ?We?ve done our best to do justice to the PC version and do things the way they should be done for PC. The PC version looks absolutely beautiful. We?re bringing the game to life in a whole new way,? says Markus M?ki, CTO at Remedy.?
With our history of PC titles, such as Max Payne, Max Payne 2 and Death Rally, Remedy has always wanted to bring a PC version of Alan Wake to the gamers? fingertips. Now we can! We?re glad to be able to self-publish the title on Steam and work with Nordic Games to bring Wake to retail.
We?re very proud of what we?ve done so far with Wake ? but for gamers who?ve always wanted the ?every setting maxed out? experience, the modern PC hardware takes Alan Wake to new heights? and we bring the high definition goods. Believe it: You?ve never seen Alan Wake looking like this.
Can?t get enough Alan Wake? Don?t forget that the standalone spin off adventure, Alan Wake?s American Nightmare, is coming to Microsoft?s Xbox LIVE Arcade on February 22 for 1200 MS Points.
The Key PC Version Enhancements
- Experience Alan Wake?s Pacific Northwest in higher resolutions and higher fidelity than ever before.
- Refined and fully configurable mouse and keyboard support (or if you prefer to play with the Microsoft gamepad connected to your PC, you can do that too!)
- A wide selection of customizable graphics settings and support for 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios.
- Multithreaded engine that takes advantage of quad core CPUs.
- Additional options our fans have sought after, such as field of view adjustment as well as ?hide HUD?.
- Works with AMD Eyefinity 3D 3-screen mode.
- Works with NVIDIA NVISION2 Stereoscopic 3D.