On June 11th there will be a new Nintendo Direct and live Nintendo Treehouse all day long. Then on Wednesday, June 12th – 13th the Treehouse livestream continues and wraps up with Indie Day 2019.
The company confirmed a number of titles will be playable including Pok?mon Sword and Pok?mon Shield, Luigi?s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link?s Awakening and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order.
They also reconfirmed the tournaments that kick off this upcoming weekend with Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championships 2019 and Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019 events. Best Buy locations and and Nintendo NY will get in on the action too with early demos being made available to the public and more.
Read on for the announcement!
As the E3 2019 video game trade show rapidly approaches, Nintendo provided more details about some of its activities around the June 11-13 event in Los Angeles. Nintendo confirmed that the Nintendo Switch games available for people to play on the show floor include Pok?mon Sword and Pok?mon Shield, which were the focus of a recently released Pok?mon Direct. Other games on the show floor include Luigi?s Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Link?s Awakening and MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order, in addition to various other games playable in Nintendo?s booth. Fans will hear details about additional upcoming titles for Nintendo Switch during the Tuesday-morning Nintendo Direct presentation, with continued information during the week on Nintendo Treehouse: Live, with a focus on indie games on Thursday, June 13.?The 2019 lineup for Nintendo Switch aims to deliver smiles with many different unique games and experiences,? said Nintendo of America President Doug Bowser. ?Games available this holiday season will be the focus of our booth, and no matter where you live, you can participate in the fun events by watching Nintendo Treehouse: Live during E3 or visiting Nintendo Early Access events at Best Buy, which have a focus on MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order.?Some of Nintendo?s activities during the week of E3 2019 include:
- Multiple Game Tournaments: Teams from around the world gather to compete in multiple Nintendo Switch games on Saturday, June 8, at The Theatre at Ace Hotel at 929 S. Broadway St. in Los Angeles. The action starts at 11 a.m. with the Super Mario Maker 2 Invitational 2019, in which four members of the Super Mario Maker community will compete in a variety of Super Mario Maker 2 courses. Next up, fans can enjoy the action of the Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 and the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019 3v3 tournaments. The line for entry starts forming at 8 a.m. in front of The Theatre at Ace Hotel. Fans who want to watch in person can gain free entry after receiving an event badge in line on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors will open at 10 a.m. People can get additional ticket information at https://e3.nintendo.com/. Those who prefer to watch the competitions online can visit https://e3.nintendo.com/ and Nintendo?s channels on Twitch and YouTube.
- Nintendo Direct: The presentation will begin at 9 a.m. PT on June 11. Viewers can watch it by visiting https://e3.nintendo.com/. The presentation, which focuses entirely on software, will offer a look at games scheduled to launch in 2019.
- Nintendo Treehouse: Live: Nintendo of America?s Treehouse staff hosts a livestream from Nintendo?s booth at E3 that offers viewers live gameplay and commentary. The show on Tuesday, June 11, starts immediately following the Nintendo Direct presentation. For the next two days, the show is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. PT. For the first time ever, Nintendo is dedicating Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming on Thursday, June 13, to focus on indie games. People can view every day of the livestream at https://e3.nintendo.com/.
- Nintendo Early Access at Best Buy: People watching the show from afar can still experience the fun and demo an upcoming game. For two days next week, 80 Best Buy locations across the country will host Nintendo Early Access events for MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order. Attendees will be among the first in the country to play the game. The events will take place 3-8 p.m. local time on Wednesday, June 12, and noon-5 p.m. local time on Saturday, June 15. Please visit Nintendo Early Access at Best Buy for more information.
- Nintendo NY: Fans in New York can visit the Nintendo NY store for a variety of activities, including viewing parties for the tournaments, Nintendo Direct and Nintendo Treehouse: Live; hands-on gameplay with select Nintendo Switch games featured at E3; and the chance to receive exclusive premium items from the show via giveaways (while supplies last). All events are free and open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. For complete details about Nintendo NY activities, visit https://www.nintendonyc.com/.
- Warp Pipe Pass: As always, Nintendo will have a variety of games to play in its booth. People who are attending the E3 2019 show can reduce the amount of time they wait in line for Pok?mon Sword and Pok?mon Shield, and Luigi?s Mansion 3 throughout most E3 event hours by reserving a free Warp Pipe Pass. The pass will allow them to gain priority access in line during their designated time to line up and play (while supplies last). A Nintendo Account is required to sign up and reserve a Warp Pipe Pass. Attendees can begin signing up as early as 5 p.m. PT today at https://experience.nintendo.com. Warp Pipe Passes are available to reserve until 11:59 p.m. PT the day before they can be used, or until all the passes are claimed, whichever comes first. For more details about the pass, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/warp-pipe-pass/.
- Nintendo eShop Sale: To celebrate E3 2019, Nintendo is offering discounts on select digital Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS games in Nintendo eShop and on Nintendo.com. The sale starts at 10 a.m. PT on June 11 and runs through 11:59 p.m. PT on June 18. The full list of discounted games will be available for digital purchase at https://e3.nintendo.com/sale.For the most up-to-date information about Nintendo?s presence at E3 2019, keep an eye on https://e3.nintendo.com/.