Whoooaaaa…. Out of the blue, Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s Enhance Games, best known for an assortment of trippy and addictive puzzle and action titles such as Rez and Lumines, is hard at work on a brand new Tetris experience for the PS4 and PlayStation VR known as Tetris Effect.
The announcement was made to coincide with World Tetris Day and the 34th anniversary of Tetris in advance of the availability of the playable demo at E3 2018. Have a look at the crazy trailer below and read on for the details.
Tetris Effect – Announce Trailer | PS4:
Tetris Effect screens:
On this World Tetris Day and the 34th anniversary of the iconic Tetris brand, Enhance, Inc. and The Tetris Company, LLC, today announced their all-new game TETRIS EFFECT is coming to PlayStation 4 this fall, including optional support for PlayStation VR. The game will make its public debut with a playable demo at the PlayStation booth of the E3 gaming trade show June 12-14. The TETRIS EFFECT announcement trailer can be viewed below.
Named after a real-world phenomenon where players? brains are so engrossed that images of the iconic falling Tetrimino blocks (i.e. the Tetris playing pieces) linger in their vision, thoughts, and even dreams, TETRIS EFFECT amplifies this magical feeling of total immersion by surrounding you with fantastic, fully three-dimensional worlds that react and evolve based on how you play. Music, backgrounds, sounds, special effects?everything, down to the Tetris pieces themselves, pulse, dance, shimmer, and explode in perfect sync with how you?re playing.
From deep beneath the ocean to the furthest reaches of outer space and everywhere between, TETRIS EFFECT?s 30-plus stages take players on a wondrous, emotional journey through the universe. The core of the game is still Tetris?one of the most popular puzzle games of all time?but like you?ve never seen it, or heard it, or felt it before.
Whether in full HD on a standard display and PS4, or in razor-sharp 4K resolution with a PS4 Pro, or in fully-immersive 3D via the optional PS VR support, TETRIS EFFECT?s gorgeous imagery, evocative sounds, and super-addictive gameplay add up to an unforgettable experience…and that?s literally unforgettable, as the game?s name implies.
- From the people who brought you stylish hits like the award-winning Rez Infinite and Lumines: legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and the developers at Monstars Inc. and Resonair.
- Includes the all-new ?Zone? mechanic, where players can stop time (and Tetriminos falling) by entering ?the Zone? and either get out of a sticky situation that could otherwise lead to ?Game Over,? or rack up extra line clears for bonus rewards.
- Over 30 different stages, each with its own music, sound effects, graphical style and background that all evolve and change as you play through them.
- Fully playable on either a standard display (up to 4K and 60fps on a PS4 Pro), or optionally in mind-blowing 3D on PS VR.
- Fan-favorite modes like Marathon, Sprint, and Ultra, with more all-new modes and other features to be revealed before launch.
- A player grading and leveling system as well as variable difficulty to encourage and reward replayability.
A challenge for the mind and a feast for all the senses, TETRIS EFFECT is the perfect excuse to play Tetris again… and again…and again, and again, and again and again and again and again and again and again and…