Metalhead Software’s Super Mega Baseball sequel seems like it’s been in development forever at this point. First on schedule to launch in early 2017, Super Mega Baseball 2 was delayed a full year to focus on polishing up the experience for fans. Well we’re finally seeing the light and the end of the tunnel and the game is officially hitting the PS4, Xbox One and the PC on May 1st, 2018. With that delay came a number of enhancements including PS4 Pro and Xbox One X support, online multiplayer functionality and more.
To celebrate, Metalhead Software dropped off a new gameplay mechanics trailer and some semi-new screens. Check ’em out below.
Super Mega Baseball 2 – Gameplay Mechanics Reveal:
Super Mega Baseball 2 screens:
The critically acclaimed Super Mega Baseball series is back with gorgeous new visuals, deep team and league customization, and long-awaited online multiplayer modes with a May 1st launch of Super Mega Baseball 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam for $29.99 USD. Metalhead will release three DLC packs with additional cosmetic customization content on launch day as an optional way for fans to show added support.
Super Mega Baseball?s initial iteration earned an 85 Metacritic score and ?Sports Game of the Year? honors. Building on the core features of the original, the sequel includes:
- Overhauled presentation including 8 stadiums built from the ground up, more realistically scaled character models, and new, more athletic player animations
- Comprehensive customization of leagues, team logos and uniforms, and player gear
- New competitive and co-operative online modes, utilizing dedicated servers
- Cross-platform play between PC and Xbox One, and between PC and PS4
- Refined baseball simulation with visceral physics and realistic play outcomes
- Enhanced image quality on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro
The latest reveal video packs 7 minutes of core gameplay footage and includes a deep explanation of improvements to the game’s baseball simulation and on-field mechanics.