Bungie and Activision totally blew the lid off of Destiny: The Taken King today by releasing a ton of new media, a new We Are Guardians trailer, and more game details than fans could possibly digest.
Did you hear that Nolan North is now the voice of Ghost, and will be re-recording all of Peter Dinklage’s dialog from the start of the game through the new expansion? There are a metric ton of new features, changes and gear coming to the game, and not just for those who pick up the DLC.
Check out the new media below, along with the newly updated fact sheet.
Destiny: The Taken King – We Are Guardians trailer:
Destiny: The Taken King – Story, Crucible, Raid:
Destiny: The Taken King – Gear:
Destiny: The Taken King – Fact Sheet:
Destiny: The Taken King, is the next great adventure in the Destiny universe and introduces a new story campaign and quests, new enemies to fight, new locations to explore, new Strikes and Crucible maps, a new Raid that will put players to the ultimate test, and more. To stand up to the challenge, players will have access to three new devastating Guardian subclasses, and a massive arsenal of weapons, armor, and gear.
A dark shadow has fallen over our worlds. Oryx, The Taken King, is hell-bent on vengeance and is raising an army of corrupted ?Taken? forces by manipulating the Darkness itself. You must find a way into his impenetrable Dreadnaught ship to defeat The Taken King before he and his dark army consume our civilization and bring our solar system to ruin.
Powerful New Abilities ? To battle back the Darkness and Taken army, players will get access to brand news subclasses with new supers:
- Warlocks will now harness the power of an electric storm.
- Hunters will carve a bow formed from gravitational void energy.
- Titans will summon a flaming hammer that can sear their adversaries from a range or deliver a devastating melee impact.
All-new Campaign ? A massive Hive Dreadnaught ship looms in the rings of Saturn. Oryx, The Taken King, has arrived in our solar system, bringing with him a corrupted army to exact revenge on the Guardians who destroyed his son Crota, and to consume our world.
New Destination ? Establish a beachhead on Oryx?s flagship, the Dreadnaught ? a mysterious, loot-filled fortress.
- New Loot and Customizations ? Earn new weapons, armor, and gear, including Legendary, Exotic, Faction and Taken-themed items. Personalize your Guardian even more with The Taken King-themed emblems, armor shaders and player ships.
- Debuting at E3 2015 ? Two New Competitive Modes:
- Rift ? An objective based mode, Rift, features intense 6v6 action as teams fight for control of the Spark at the center of the map, carry it to the enemy base, and slam it home to detonate the enemy Rift.
- Mayhem – Bringing a new flavor of gameplay to the Crucible, Mayhem introduces 6v6 team chaos that features significantly faster recharge rate for player abilities, more special/heavy ammo, and faster respawns.
- PlayStation Exclusive Content* ? At launch PlayStation gamers will also get access to a host of additional content including, a Strike, a Crucible map, three sets of gear and an exotic weapon.
- Destiny: The Taken King – $39.99 SRP
- Guardians that own Destiny and both expansions ? The Dark Below and House of Wolves ? have special access to purchase a digital download of Destiny: The Taken King, the next evolution in the Destiny universe.
- Destiny: The Taken King ? Legendary Edition – $59.99 SRP
- Destiny: The Taken King – Legendary Edition is perfect for new and existing Guardians that are ready to jump into the Destiny universe or continue to carve their legends in the stars. Includes the Complete Destiny Experience: The Taken King, Destiny, Expansion I and Expansion II.
- Destiny: The Taken King ? Collector?s Edition – $79.99 SRP
- Destiny: The Taken King ? Collector?s Edition is perfect for new and existing Guardians that are ready to jump into the Destiny universe or continue to carve their legend in the stars. Includes: The Taken King, Destiny, Expansion I: The Dark Below, Expansion II: House of Wolves, Cayde-6?s Intel Cache, extra digital content, and more. Only available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.