Warner Bros. Interactive and Monolith Productions have taken a few more wraps off of their dark new Tolkien-inspired action title, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.
Middle-earth is ripe for an ass-kicking, story driven experience, so it seems just about the right time to unleash such a game. It’s still hard to tell how Shadow of Mordor will play, but we’re suspecting there will be a bit of God of War-style gameplay in there somewhere.
Check out a few new screens (and art) along with some details for each of them.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor screens/art:
- Players take the form of Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance.
- Set between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor begins on the night of Sauron?s return to Mordor, throwing the region into turmoil.
- Discover a powerful and dynamic next-gen gameplay mechanic that allows players? actions to shape enemy relationships and characteristics, creating personal and unique stories and gameplay arcs that remain persistent even after death.
- Players command Wraith Powers to orchestrate and execute their vengeance to outwit enemies, infiltrate the ranks, and dominate within an adaptive world.
- A multitude of enemies will require different tactics, encouraging the player to advance their skills, abilities and weapons to become legendary through a system of rune rewards crafted according to the player’s strategy.
About the game:
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dark story of retribution as players will assume the role of Talion, a ranger who loses everything on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
With a dynamic next-gen game environment powered by the Nemesis System, players orchestrate their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will; ensuring a unique experience to all players. Every enemy players face is a unique individual, differentiated by their personality, strengths and weaknesses.
Enemy encounters create personal archenemies specific to every gameplay session. Players must outthink each distinctively different enemy to infiltrate the ranks and dominate within the dynamic world that remembers and adapts to their actions and choices.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows PC.