Alien Breed has already been rebooted for the PSN and the original Amiga version has recently been relaunched as a PlayStation Mobile title. Team17 yesterday confirmed that the classic alien survival shooter will finally be released as an enhanced, native PS Vita and PS3 game.
Alien Breed is scheduled for an early February release and will feature both the original 16-bit Amiga graphics or enhanced visuals. The game will feature online co-op play for both versions, along with Cross-Play and Cross-Save capabilities. Team17 is packing Alien Breed with a trio of new level packs also, for a total of 30 levels.
Check out the first screens along with Team17’s announcement. The official price and release date should be announced soon.
Alien Breed screens:
Team17 Digital Limited is excited to announce the launch of Alien Breed for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita! The classic top-down shooter will be available to download via the PlayStation Network in early February.
Alien Breed offers the opportunity for both old and new fans to experience the original survival-horror game, featuring a choice of either old-school Amiga graphics or new enhanced graphics.
Alien Breed Features:
- Story Mode ? choose from 30 levels including three new level packs: Convergence, Valiance and Synergy.
- Enhanced visuals or play using the original 16-bit graphics
- Team up on either PS3 or PlayStation Vita via cross-platform play
- Cross-Platform Continuation Play, carry on your PS3 save game progress on your PlayStation Vita, or vice versa!
- Ad-Hoc and online co-op multiplayer for PlayStation Vita
- Local and online co-op multiplayer for PlayStation 3
- Leaderboards and trophies