The PlayStation Vita REALLY needs a co-op, multiplayer, Monster Hunter-type of hit, and so far Soul Sacrifice looks to offer that experience. It doesn’t hurt that a handful of legendary Japanese game talent, including Keiji Inafune, are involved in the project.
Featuring action RPG gameplay for up to 4 player via the PlayStation Network, you can team up with friends to hunt down creatures and loot all around the world.
Take a look at some new screens along with a recently released trailer to see what may be one of the biggest PS Vita releases of early 2013.
Soul Sacrifice trailer:
[youtube_sc url=”cwc2OXqb-II” width=”550″]
Soul Sacrifice screens:
What would you sacrifice for ultimate power?
Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made will have consequential results. Take on the role of a slave who is about to be sacrificed, stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice ? ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life.
- Reality blended experience where players must sacrifice parts of themselves to obtain great power
- Freeform character development as a player’s decision would affect the characters abilities and visual form
- The first action co-op RPG experience that takes full advantage of PS Vita technical capabilities
- PS Vita functionality, including front and rear touch controls, and built-in motion sensing
- A wide range of enemies drawn from world mythology