On the bright side, we did get some new LittleBigPlanet PS Vita screens, a trailer, and plenty of details as you can see below! As expected, it looks wonderful.
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita trailer:
[youtube_sc url=”bRs7LqswtvY” width=”550″]
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita screens:
There’s still no release date besides “2012”, but you can of course pre-order the game.
Since its release on PlayStation 3 (PS3) in October 2008, LittleBigPlanet has been credited with establishing the Play, Create, Share creative gaming genre by putting the powers of creation firmly in the players’ hands. The franchise continues to grow and evolve helped by on-going expansion through downloadable content and the support of countless fans around the globe who have uploaded nearly seven million user-created levels to PlayStation Network since launch. Put another way, if you placed all of the current user-generated levels and games side by side, they would wrap round the Earth five times, reach halfway to the Moon, and it would take Sackboy 18 years to run through them all!
Now Sackboy (or Sackgirl if you choose) is back in LittleBigPlanet for PlayStation Vita, a completely new, mobile adventure, filled with exploration and competition on the fairground planet of Carnivalia, where a mysterious Puppeteer is stealing all of the joy from the LittleBigPlanet universe. Players must travel through a series of themed levels in a storyline driven adventure packed with thrills, spills, and hilarious moments to foil the Puppeteer’s evil plans and bring fun and laughter back to Carnivalia. Customize Sackboy and the world around him with unique touch and camera Create tools that let you Play with more freedom than ever before. Then discover an endless amount of user-created levels and games created by the LittleBigPlanet community, experiences that players can Share online via the PlayStation Network. LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita will allow users to Play, Create, Share a multitude of different experiences at home or on the road, anytime, anywhere!
- More Than 45 New Story Levels and Games To Play Across 6 Themes: Premiere franchise brings its popular Play, Create, Share offering to the PS Vita system with a whole new LittleBigPlanet adventure for Sackboy that can be enjoyed on the go, anytime, anywhere. Features a brand new story mode with a whole host of new characters, themes, levels, and games on the fairground planet of Carnivalia.
- News Ways To Play: Introducing new ways to interact with the world of LitleBigPlanet that allows players to aid Sackboy through his adventures by using the new touch (front & rear) and tilt features, as well as NEAR to find other players in your vicinity and challenge them to beat your score for a particular level or game. Share the fun with new multiplayer modes, including pass’n’play, multi-touch, local same screen multiplayer versus, online multiplayer for up to four players, and more.
- News Ways to Create: Touch to Create and make any kind of game you can imagine in a more natural and fun way using all the tools from LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, and even some from LittleBigPlanet PSP and existing DLC packs, plus new tools specific to PS Vita. Creators can now manipulate multiple objects at once by using the new lasso select feature and quickly pan and zoom the camera through the rear touch screen. Using the front touch screen, players can quickly navigate Popit pages, access tools, costumes, and stickers in Popit, and expand Popit so it can cover the whole screen, allowing easier navigation and viewing of the inventory. Users also have access to touch material that, when used, allows the object to automatically be interacted with through the front and rear touch panels, a built-in microphone to record sound effects or voice over for levels and games, and front or rear camera to create their own stickers.
- New Tools: With the new Memorizer tool, players can build levels and games with custom save points that allow for continuation at a later stage without losing progress. Players can create level select menus where the next level is only unlocked if the previous level was completed. Therefore, certain mini-games can include artificial intelligence (AI) that remember if a level has been played before and then make changes based on that information so that mini-game can display a different section of the game every time a player restarts it-think RPGs complete with inventories that carry over from level to level, and much, much more!
- New Ways To Share: Access what promises to be endless levels and games online created by fans (like you) and enjoy new gaming experiences every day. Also, with 3G and Wi-Fi connectivity players can browse, download, and publish levels and games wherever they are and download created levels for offline play.
- Play, Create, Share: The LittleBigPlanet franchise continues to bring its revolutionary Play, Create, Share concept and the most accessible design tools to the videogame industry. There are brand new developer and user-generated levels to explore and Play, a huge host of materials, tools, stickers, and more to Create, and a robust set of online features for the community to Share with each other via PlayStation Network. In LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita, the world is full of infinite possibilities, where imagination becomes reality and the powers of creation are firmly in the players’ hands.
- Core Gameplay: The experience starts with players customizing Sackboy, the stitched-together main character in LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita. From there, players learn how Sackboy interacts physically with the surrounding environment in story mode. Players are tasked with making their way across the LittleBigPlanet world to discover all the quirky, wonderful, and colorful landscapes, while solving puzzles and collecting items that can be used to Create games.
- Customized Experience: Whether the player is a fashion designer, an architect, or aspiring video game developer, they can show their talents off with the easy-to-use creation tools to build unique levels and games that can be used as a presentation, an in-game fashion show, a photo album, or a creative homage to your pet. In this stylish and stitched-together 3D craft material world, there is fun to be had for all ages, tastes, and player type.